Access Statement For Lancombe Country Cottages
Lancombe Country Cottages (LCC) offers 6 self catering holiday cottages in a rural situation in the heart of the West Dorset countryside. The cottages are set round a courtyard. There is an indoor heated swimming pool and 3 acres of garden, wood and meadow.
- Holiday enquiries and bookings can be made by phone or fax (both 01300 320562) or email (email@example.com)
- Price lists, information, booking correspondence etc can be provided in larger print on request.
- The web site can be found at www.lancombe.co.uk.
- This access statement can be found on the website, can be emailed/posted on request and copies are available at LCC.
- LCC is situated just off the A356 2 miles north west of Maiden Newton. The nearest buses and trains are in Maiden Newton and, though regular, are infrequent. The cottages are set on high ground above the village so walking with luggage is not very practical. There is no standing taxi rank in Maiden Newton; taxis have to be booked and can be costly.
- The owners are happy to help transport people to and from Maiden Newton on arrival and departure where practical and prearranged.
- Guests have successfully used tesco direct for delivery of groceries.
- Nearest shop-mobility - Charles Street, Dorchester. Wed 10am- 4pm. (01202) 661770.
- Equipment hire - Westworld Moblity, Hardy's Arcade Tel: 01305 213765.
- Radar toilets at Charles Street, Trinity Street, Top o' Town car parks.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Ample car parking for all cottages.
- Owners will help with bags on arrival/depature where required.
- Cottages are a few yards from the car park.
- Car park is loose stone chip. Paths by cottages tarmac or paving. Access to Asker Cottage is in courtyard and cars can be driven up to access paving to unload/load
- General area is dark at night (no street lighting) but car park and paths have movement activated lighting.
- Car park and paths are level.
Main Entrance and Reception
- Entrances to all cottages, front and back, laundry and swimming pool all have a doorstep, except for Asker front entrance.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
Public Areas - WC
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar and Lounges, Take Away and Cafe
- Doorstep into laundry. Level tarmac access from cottages, except Asker where some of route crosses stone chippings.
- Floor level, front loading washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Owners will assist on request.
- Freezer, front access - floor to head height.
- DVDs - floor to above eye level storage.
- Indoor heated swimming pool & sauna - doorstep at entrance
- Access from cottages on tarmac path, except Asker, where some stone chippings to cross
- Open 8.30am - 8.30pm Easter - October; 9am -7pm November - Easter
- Brown flooring, pool has blue cover
- Signage - eg 'slippery floor' - standard health & safety signage
- Lighting - ceiling lights
- Safety rules provided in pool entrance hall and in each cottage - include no swmming alone and children under 15 to be accompanied by adult. Note that floor is slippery when wet.
- Pool is 1m - 1.5m deep. Entrance by metal step ladder. Water kept at about 90 degrees F. Pool cover to be reeled on and off by users. Assistance could be provided for this on request. Sauna has small entrance step. Wooden benches.
- Disabled toilet provided
- Separate male and female changing rooms - each has a slatted bench and a walk-in level entry shower cubicle. Additional walk in shower and bench in sauna room
- Fairly level large lawn areas. Path through wood, rough underfoot with tree roots etc. Fairly level paths cut through meadow grass.
- Wooden benches outside each cottage.
Conference and Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
Bedrooms and Lounges
- Bedrooms in all cottages on 1st floor
- Smoke alarms in each cottage - audible only
- TVs have teletext and TVs, videos and dvds have remote controls
- Many bedrooms fairly small in terms of clear floor space
- All have ceiling/wall lights and bedside lamps
- All bedrooms are carpeted, lounges are either currently carpeted or laminated
- Divan doubles and singles; 2 four poster beds; bunks in Asker.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome and all cottages are non-smoking
Bathroom, Shower-room and WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Each cottage has bathroom upstairs with shower over bath.
- Bathrooms vary - Asker is largest
- Linoleum flooring
- Standard doors
- Good floor space in Asker
- Standard height baths; Cerne Cottage has short bath
- Basins - Asker, Frome and Bride have mixer taps
- WCs - standard height
- Kitchens part of open plan ground floor
- Hot water tanks have thermostats
- Individual taps
- Standard height work surfaces with cupboards under
- Floor level gas cookers with hobs at work surface level
- Microwaves on work surface
- Crockery stored in wall cupboards, cutlery in unit drawers and cookware in cupboards under work surfaces
- Kitchens open plan with free access
- Tiled floors
- General ceiling lights; plus work surface lighting in Asker
- Work surfaces contrast with units and floors
- Fridges under work surfaces
Caravans, Holiday Homes and Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser and Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Grounds and Gardens
- One of owners Welcome Host and Welcome All trained
- No smoking
- Address: Lancombe Country Cottages, Higher Chilfrome, Dorchester DT2 0HU
- Telephone: 01300 320562
- Fax: 01300 320562
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.lancombe.co.uk
- Grid reference: 567 993
- Hours of operation: all year
- Local carers: Maiden Newton Surgery (01300) 320562
- Local public transport numbers: Sureline buses (01305) 823039;
- Dorchester Tourist Information (01305) 267992
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01300 320562 or email email@example.com
Created on: 09/07/2008