Pet-friendly accommodation in Dorset is in increasingly high demand. It’s less about whether the property accepts pets, and more a case of whether the accommodation will make a perfect base for families who holiday with their pets. This means looking beyond the accommodation itself and checking out the on-site amenities and local attractions to ensure there is everything you need for a fun-filled holiday, with your furry friend.
We conducted a survey with some of our guests, to understand what they look for in their dog friendly holiday, and to see whether we are providing the right services to dog owners here at Lancombe. Here’s some of their feedback:
“What do you look for in a UK break, when you’re taking the pooch with you?”
“It’s really important for me to know that there is a vet nearby, in the unlikely event that there is an emergency; it just gives me peace of mind” – Sam
“We own a little Houdini! She has bags of energy and likes to make a run for it whenever she gets the opportunity. We look for a place where there’s plenty of grounds for her to run and roam, which are fenced off securely to ensure that she can’t do a disappearing act” – Graham & Sue
“Somewhere that is relatively easy to let the dogs out to stretch their legs; local woodland or marshland where we can take the dogs for a walk first things in the morning with minimal effort” – Emma
“We love bringing the dogs on holiday with us. We like them to be part of the holiday and not left behind whilst we have a day out. We look for local attractions that allow dogs. Well, we can’t go for cream tea and let the dogs miss out!” – Mandy
“All we want are miles of coastal walks as far as the eye can see… on the doorstep. And comfy beds for all of us” – Phil
Doggy Facilities at Lancombe
Here at Lancombe we genuinely love dogs! We know that they are part of the family and deserve a holiday too. That’s why we make every effort to ensure that whilst you’re enjoying your break, your pooch is too. Here are some of the doggy friendly things you can expect here:
- Pet-friendly accommodation inclusive of doggy bed, doggy bowls and a little doggy treat bag. All deep-cleaned before your arrival
- A woodland area onsite; this is perfect for a quick walk in the morning or evening. The dogs can sniff and play in the leaves and hedgerows whilst you enjoy the beautiful scenery
- A large meadow and an orchard, the perfect place to allow the dogs to really run and stretch their legs, and even play fetch!
- Lots of dog friendly local attractions including Swanage Railway; they allow dogs on the trains, and at Forde Abbey & Gardens, dogs are allowed in the tearooms – there are so many more, which can be found here
- Dog friendly coast and country walks in abundance!
We look forward to welcoming you and your dogs here at Lancombe. Get in touch to book your pet-friendly autumn/winter break on 01300 320 562.