The invite to take part was given to us due to our fast rise to fantastic scoring and comments on Trip Advisor, since we took over as the new owners back in December 2013.
I am really proud of the comments we received from Dorset Tourism Awards, and wanted to share these with you. Remember: these are from a mystery shop!
It was great to hear that the report picked up on our approach to enquiries and bookings; and that is to make sure our potential guests are responded to promptly, and all of their questions are answered:
“Email replied to within an hour, good friendly tone, answering the query with details of availability and even a price incentive…”
The Wow Factor and Overall Experience was said to be:
“A great rural location, offering an escape from most people’s normal surroundings, and that would immediately put most people into a relaxed holiday mode”
As you will see from our website, the facilities at Lancombe are extensive. Here is what Dorset Tourism Awards had to say:
- “Games room and pool look great”
- “Introduction of a small shop, driven by customer service rather than commercial reasons, is a great development, featuring a lot of local produce”
- “Woodland area and “fairy walk” is clearly a hit with children staying”
This is an area we pride ourselves on so we are thrilled with the comments we received:
“The owners’ attitude to customer service shone during the visit and will be the reason why this 1st season has been successful and such good customer comments are coming through. They are enthusiastic about offering guests a great holiday and offer lovely personal touches and bring character to a stay”
The overall comment from our mystery shopping judge:
“Lancombe has the opportunity to become one of the leading self-catering/glamping products in Dorset, and if the new owners continue with their current attitude, investment and hard work it’s one to watch.”
Taking on board some of the feedback that showed us areas for improvement, we are also looking at the following:
- Our website will include more detail on the accommodation, so that you will be able to see interiors, as well as floor plans
- We wish to make booking as easy as possible, and are looking to introduce online payment
- We are developing the accommodation, and have recently refurbished Asker cottage, added a Hot Tub to Broad Lodge, and are looking at a further Hot Tub too.
- We will be enhancing our Glamping, with additional accommodation to add to the overall experience
Whilst this year, we were not the winners, the feedback provided has been invaluable; so thanks to Dorset Tourism Awards for their support, and we look forward to entering again (and winning maybe?) in the future.